#59 Coffee Shop Lead $22.51
Company Name: King Soopers
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Provide exceptional customer service in a safe and clean environment to ensure the customer's return visit. We accomplish this in many ways including, but not limited to; treating our customers/employees in a fair and ethical manner, promoting an inclusive work environment, being a responsible member of the community, providing the right products at the right time with fair and accurate pricing. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Promote trust and respect among associates.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department; Inform customers of specials; recommend products to customers to ensure they get the products they want/need.
- Collaborate with associates and promote teamwork to help achieve company/store goals.
- Establish performance goals for department and empower associates to meet or exceed targets.
- Develop adequate scheduling to manage customer volume throughout hours of operation.
- Train and develop associates on performance of their job and participate in the performance appraisal process.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Prepare beverage selections to recipe and standards and to customer's requests using proper equipment.
- Tender transactions using company best practices.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size to prevent shrink.
- Use all equipment in coffee shop such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review "sell by" dates and take appropriate action.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, espresso machine, blender, computerized scale, steamer, etc.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risk, or issues, and illegal activity, including: robbery, theft or fraud.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math: counting, addition, and subtraction
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Desired Previous Job Experience
- High school education or equivalent preferred
- Management experience
- Coffee experience
- Retail experience
- Second language: speaking, reading and/or writing
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at King Soopers: The final rate of pay is determined at store level based on prior equivalent work experience.
To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan and/or participation in a Taft-Hartley pension fund, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Potentially bonus eligible depending on varying criteria by location
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names. At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CO || Lakewood || 1545 S Kipling Pkwy || 80232 || King Soopers || None || Deli/Bakery || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None
- SUMMARY: The Neurocritical Care Educator will function within the commercial division of the IRRAS organization to support the product launch and training for the IRRAflow and...IRRASNeurocritical Care Educator – New York, NYSan Diego, CA+1 location$90,000 - $110,000 a yearSat Jan 21 2023 11:02:03 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time) Save Share
- Overview: The Agency is our first in house modeling agency for ladies ages 18-45 years old. All models will have the opportunity to have a 1 page spread inside the BBROYALE MAGAZINE. All...BBROYALEJoin BBROYALE THE AGENCYLos Angeles, CA$125 - $500 a dayFull-time +2On callTue Oct 25 2022 16:02:27 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time) Save Share
- This position will be instrumental in continuing the implementation of Tosca for test automation for IT systems across the enterprise. This position will also perform manual testing,...Samjose InfotechIA-DHS-SDP5-Automated Tester (692700) RemoteRemote in Des Moines, IA$46 - $51 an hourContractMonday to FridayFri Sep 16 2022 15:11:08 GMT+0000 (Coordinated Universal Time) Save Share