Lobby Attendant/House Person
Placemakr is a venture-backed startup on a mission to change the future of hospitality and home. With properties in five cities (and many more coming!) we operate a platform that allows buildings to blur the line between hotels and apartments. Our platform is an all-in-one solution which includes property operations, customer acquisitions, and the tech stack to operate with more flexibility than any other company in the market. Our tech-enabled buildings create a one-of-a-kind guest experience and tremendous value in the underlying real estate. Whether a guest or resident is with us for three days or three years, these are more than just spaces to spend the night—they are a place to call home.
Our property team members focus on bringing our business to life at each of our buildings with a focus on execution, and resident and guest experience. Our non-property team members focus on supporting property execution and the evolution of the other areas of the platform. The non-property roles are remote-first with the option to work out of our DC or SF offices. We think in-person collaboration and bonding is extremely important, so our remote-first team members participate in quarterly in-person retreats with their teams at various locations across the U.S.
As a Houseman/Lobby Attendant, your mission is to drive the execution and quality of cleanliness and safety for all of our guest rooms and common areas. This includes turning units over quickly and making sure they are in tip-top shape, fully stocked and ready to wow the next guest, as well as maintaining a safe and healthy environment in our high-touch public facing areas.
This is a full time position and will need full AM and PM flexibility including weekends.
- Manage the sensitive and crucial process of readying our apartment units into hotel rooms so that each of them looks exceptional.
- Clean public areas, gym, restrooms, elevators, employee break room and offices, and remove trash from units and public areas
- Uphold Placemakr standards and team metrics (such as room readiness/quality/availability metrics, customer reviews, employee engagement and performance scores, and contribution to revenue).
- Make smart business decisions that produce better room quality and comfort, increased guest satisfaction, stronger team member engagement, and revenue growth.
- Keep an eye on inventory and tools; proactively communicate ordering needs and/or product suggestions to your Manager.
- Become an expert on your hotel and the building as a whole so that you can help solve on-site problems with creative solutions.
- Given how great your rooms are, you pay constant attention to detail while minding the bigger picture.
- You always wear a smile on your face, and stop to greet and say hi to guests and residents as you encounter them on-site.
- Additional duties and responsibilities as assigned
- You have previous housekeeping/cleaning experience which includes successfully owning/supporting room turning and/or cleaning operations.
- You have full AM and PM flexibility including weekends.
- You’re a detail-oriented person and never stop trying to make everything you touch better by innovating our processes and workflows. People are wowed by your innovative ideas and exceptional work ethic.
- You can successfully use your soft skills and relationships to drive team member engagement, minimize process time and increase product quality.
- You have a strong track record of delivering efficient and effective performance while minding controllable expenses.
- You embody the core values of Placemakr.
Benefits & Perks
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Competitive Pay
- Generous Stock Options
- Bonus Pay
- 401k + 4% employer matching program
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Discounts to stay at select Placemakr properties
- Life Insurance
If you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, we still encourage you to apply!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Placemakr values diversity of all kinds, and is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of all different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 - $19.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New York, NY 10005: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- general cleaning: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Required)
- Night Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location