Seasonal CDL Driver
Full Job Description
School bus drivers are also encouraged to apply, as our work occurs during summer / Christmas breaks.
OTR driver history not including any other relevant experience may not be considered.
TNT Fireworks is currently hiring seasonal returns drivers to deliver consumer fireworks orders beginning mid-June, and pick up unsold product from our FL and GA grocery and retail stores over a 2 - 3 week period beginning July 5th.
- Properly count or verify with DSD Receiver, Claims associates, or store management quantities of each item for credit, and enter them into a tablet.
- Once counts are complete, sorting products based on three categories in separate pallets in the truck, properly packaged and blocked/braced in accordance to D.O.T. hazmat/company requirements.
- Communicate daily with office support staff to ensure the product is available and ready for pickup when you arrive at the stores.
- Must be professional as a company representative under pressure.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Class B CDL w/ hazmat will be required, but any Class B drivers are encouraged to apply and obtain hazmat endorsement by June. Up to $150 in training/fees for obtaining hazmat may be reimbursed upon successful completion of the season.
- Must be able to lift up to 40+ lb and able to reach above head to properly stack and secure the load. No more than three moving violations in three years / two within the past year.
- Pay for deliveries vary by route/mileage, but returns average $1100 - $1600 per week during the two to three period. Returns are paid on a per-store basis, so motivated drivers have additional opportunities.
- Upon completion, $25 daily per diem is reimbursed to cover meals and personal expenses. A company credit card is provided for fuel and hotels.
About TNT FIREWORKS:
Founded in 1920, by Clyde W. Anderson, TNT Fireworks has grown to be America's largest distributor of consumer fireworks. Now operating in 49 states, U.K., Canada, and Puerto Rico, we now provide seasonal fireworks to over 40,000 big box chain stores, 5500 stands / tents, 25 TNT Supercenters, and hundreds of wholesale customers. With over 1000 seasonal associates, TNT prides ourselves on shipping almost all of our July season customers in a 1 1/2 month time frame, and picking up all unsold product from guaranteed sale customers in just three weeks following July 4th. Ocala is one of six East coast distribution centers, shipping over 2000 fireworks stores, 450 novelties stores, 250 stands / tents. Our territory covers all of Florida and all of Georgia except the metro-Atlanta area.