Customer Service and Sales Representative
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Smart City began more than 30 years ago and has evolved into the nation’s leading telecommunication provider for convention centers and meeting facilities. We manage the technology services for more than 3,000 events annually, including virtually every Fortune 500 Company event and major trade-show. From auto shows to national political party conventions to world economic summits, Smart City has been on the floor, behind the scenes, and maintaining the connections that enable people to make important things happen. Today, we proudly employ more than 250 team members nationwide. Our Las Vegas headquarters is home to our national customer service, accounting, and technology teams, along with our Network Operations Center NOC), which provides Internet security services and remote 24/7 monitoring for all of our networks.
The CSSR contributes to the overall success of the company by responding to exhibitor inquiries and troubleshooting through a variety of methods including phone calls, in-person interaction and email, ensuring a timely resolution and providing the highest level of customer service.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
· Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
· Identify, research and resolve technical issues with customer’s internet connections
· Receive and process customer orders
· Sell value-added services
· Collect monies due
· Assist Field Offices
· Provide desk support at show site when necessary
· High school diploma or GED required.1–3 years customer/exhibitor service experience preferred
· Knowledge of data networking products/services desired
· Excellent oral and written communications skills, strong telephone customer service experience and willingness to interface with customers/management essential
· Personal computer skills required; computer literacy in Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Aesop and 10-key preferred
· Must be available to work occasional evenings, weekends and holidays
· Must be able to work with minimal supervision and be able to exercise independent judgment
As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Smart City Networks will be contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Smart City Networks is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may call us at 702-943-6000
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $17.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- customer service: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location