Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Day Shift (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Full Job Description
About Foreign Language Academy:
Foreign Language Academy is a locally owned and operated language service provider. We have been serving our East Tennessee community for thirty years with on-site and remote interpretation, translation and language instruction in over 80 languages.
Seeking an Administrative Assistant to support the Office Manager in the daily operations. Our team prides itself on being a multi-tasking machine. We are looking for someone who not only excels in the ability to multi-task but welcomes the daily challenge (as do the others on our team). The applicant needs to be comfortable with assuming responsibly of a task and seeing it through to completion. Paying attention to detail is an asset that must come naturally for the right candidate. We work hard as a team, and we are looking for a special someone to be with us long term as we grow. We truly believe we are only as good as our team so we will be picking the candidate best described above. Yes, we want someone with a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently, and excellent telephone and communication skills. If you like to work in a fast-paced office and enjoy working with a broad range of people and nationalities, we would love to talk with you! Primary job duties are answering incoming calls and scheduling appointments using our database and digital tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook
- Excellent computer keyboard skills, for speed and accuracy
- Ability to learn new software programs quickly.
- Ability to multi-task, organize, and prioritize work
- A second language (Spanish preferred) is a definite plus but not required.
- Excellent Telephone and communication skills
Job Schedule and Type: Part-time, 24-35 hrs/week. This may be flexible and will be coordinated with our Office Manager. There may be opportunities for additional hours, but this is not intended to be a full-time position.
Pay: $15.00 - $17.00 per hour
- Answering and routing phone calls
- Greeting visitors
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
Typical end time:
Typical start time:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $18.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Monday to Friday
Visitors to our office are required to wear a mask and we are practicing careful precautions. Daily workflow has very little in-person contact with other employees or our customers at this time.
- Associate (Preferred)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Required)
Work Location: One location