Temporary HR Assistant
Full Job Description
Backcountry is looking for a temporary HR assistant. The HR Assistant will be responsible for data entry into our HR Information Systems, assisting with leave tracking, and assisting our Benefits Administrator with routine administrative tasks. This is a full time temporary position that will end on or around July 31, 2022.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Enter and ensure the accuracy of all employee information including new hires, status changes, changes in benefits eligibility, pay information, etc.
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records.
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure information is accurate and that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Processing of employee pay garnishments
- Employee leave tracking including Paid Time Off (PTO), Flexible Time Off (FTO), Family and Medical Leave Act, and misc. company specific leaves
- Assist our Benefits Administrator with miscellaneous administrative tasks as needed
- Assist with I9 system completion tracking and administration
- File and complete unemployment paperwork in a timely manner
- Field requests for employment verifications
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current or completed education towards an associates, BA or BS in Human Resources or related field preferred
- Previous experience working with data entry and software systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools required, specifically Excel and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to work autonomously
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Flexibility when presented with changing priorities
Seek it. Find it. Send it. We help customers seek the perfect gear for their backcountry, find their awe, and send it their way. Through our five brands—Backcountry, Competitive Cyclist, MotoSport, Bergfreunde, and Steep & Cheap—we give our customers the gear, knowledge, and inspiration they need to chase life’s greatest moments. We foster local outdoor communities around the locations of our expanding number of retail stores, and we’re actively creating a more inclusive and equitable outdoors for all through our Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives.
We’re a company of Gearheads and we offer personalized expertise at every level of the organization. This means we curate the best assortment of premium gear and apparel, a premium shopping experience, personalized Gearhead advice, super-fast and accurate fulfillment, and aspirational and informative content.
We take growth and personal fulfillment seriously. For our employees—aka, our Herd—this means career growth potential and the ability to take ownership and make an impact daily. We offer perks like an exceptional gear discount, an annual summer Adventure Contest, summer barbecues, and a pet-friendly office.
When you join the Backcountry Herd, you join a crew that is passionate about their jobs and equally stoked on the outdoors. Pre-dawn ski track laps are the norm, MTB rides are our lunch break, and you’ll regularly find coworkers hitting the trail together post-work. Benefits include 401(k) matching and an industry leading employee discount.