Director of Membership and Communications
Full Job Description
Director of Membership and Communications
Director of Membership & Communications
About Management Connection
Management Connection manages professional and trade associations.
Full-time, hourly, non-exempt, remote (having quiet space to make telephone calls as needed will be necessary)
$25/hour plus a competitive bonuses structure with guaranteed payouts
Paid major holidays (New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas); two weeks of paid vacation are to be used each year.
Remote with some required travel. Must be a resident of California and reside in the state. Strong internet connection is necessary. Privacy needed when handling sensitive information.
Maintains current membership databases for associations; leads the development of internal (to members) and external marketing campaigns for the associations in such a way that supports the associations in achieving their membership goals; attends events as needed; coordinates all mass communications from Management Connection and the associations managed by Management Connection.
For Management Connection and the associations it manages:
- Achieves membership goals through various means.
- Maintains current membership information in databases.
- With support, develops, creates, edits, and designs marketing collateral (flyers, brochures, video communications) for internal and external membership campaigns.
- Ideates and creates membership campaigns to grow and promote the associations.
- Maintains a membership pipeline and follows up regularly on contacts via phone and email as necessary.
- Coordinates recognition of member achievements.
- Welcomes and onboards new members, ensuring all steps are followed by position and other parties (e.g., BOD, event recognitions).
- Tracks member position and job changes, and, if necessary, communicates with other associations regarding member changes.
- Creates and distributes mass email communications on an established schedule.
- With support and in coordination with necessary parties, develops, creates, and designs event and marketing collateral for all events.
- Edits video messages from association leaders (averages one total per month).
- Oversees, writes, edits, and sends brief regular emails that share information with constituents, including but not necessarily limited to: Newsletters (bi-quarterly or bi-monthly); Weeklies; Bulletins; Event marketing; Holiday greetings; Member obituary notices; Membership notices and automated invoicing; Job posting e-blasts and advertisements regarding utilizing e-blasts; Surveys; Ad hoc messaging; Messages from Partners to members; Messages to Partners
- Maintains content on websites including events and other information.
- Coordinates content for newsletters, working with editors, contributors, and designers to ensure delivery according to schedule.
- Coordinates content for weeklies and edits all content.
- Posts club industry career and internship opportunities to the Chapter’s job board and manages email blast notifications for paid job notifications.
- Manages connections on LinkedIn platform.
- Posts content to LinkedIn according to schedule and permissions.
- Creates monthly reports and BOD reports related to membership and communications.
- Assists with event management for certain onsite events. Occasional travel or work on a weekend may be required.
- Completes additional appropriate assignments as determined by the CEO and COO of Management Connection.
Proficient in Microsoft Suite; types at 60+ WPM; accurate speller; strong interpersonal skills; professional telephone skills; occasionally in-person travel may be requested; follow policies and procedures.
Proficiency in Adobe Suite, especially InDesign, Premiere, and Audition; familiarity working with mass email platforms; familiarity with databases; basic knowledge of how to edit html; AA, AS, BA, or BS degree or equivalent experience/training.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $24.00 - $25.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
You will mostly be working from home. When required to attend an event, we follow county mandates and location rules.
Work Location: Remote