Food Service Representative
Full Job Description
Welcome to Centura Health
Welcome to the largest health ecosystem in Colorado and western Kansas. Welcome to living your mission among thousands of people on fire to live theirs too. Welcome to options, possibilities and values that guide exceptional care. Welcome to extremely important industry challenges and opportunities to solve complex problems. Welcome to highly intelligent teams, overflowing community and the wholeness of mind, body and spirit that is Centura Health.
$17. 00 - $21.31/hr
Flourishing Begins Here
You have a purpose, unique talents and NOW is the time to embrace it, live it and put it to work. At Centura Health, we value incredible people with incredible skills - but your commitment to a greater cause is something we value even more.
Responsible for overseeing and assisting with the daily work assignments performed in the Nutrition Services department including food preparation and delivery, catering, sanitation and stocking. This position will be responsible for providing orientation and training to new and existing staff. Responsible for following Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment Safe Handling Guidelines regarding food safety and sanitation. Will provide excellent customer services when working with patients, visitors and other staff members. The Nutrition Svcs Resource may perform work in one or more of the following areas: Barista, Cashiering, Catering, Dishwashing, Floor Stock, Food Preparation, Meal Assembly and Dining Service, Meal Delivery, Sanitation, and Tray Collection.
What You Bring/Job Requirements
In addition to bringing your whole self to the workplace each day, qualified candidates will need the following:
- High School diploma or GED, preferred
- Previous food service, healthcare or customer service experience, preferred
- Strong communication skills; ability to read, write and speak English
- Basic computer skills
- Food Service Safe Certification, preferred
Physical Requirements - Light Work - exert/lift up to 20 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 10 lbs. frequently)
Your Connected Community
When people and places align, incredible things happen. Just like the 21,000+ amazing associates who work here, every community within Centura Health's connected ecosystem has its own unique history, story and personality.
Located in central Denver's historic Washington Park residential neighborhood, associates at Porter Adventist Hospital enjoy beautiful surroundings, leading technology, outstanding leadership and easy access to everything great central Denver has to offer. As a full-service Magnet designated, 368-bed acute-care referral center specializing in cancer care, joint replacement, spinal care and advanced robotic surgery, Porter Adventist Hospital treats some of the region's most complex medical cases and surgical patients. Our Heart and Vascular Institute is the first and only program in Colorado to receive full Heart Failure Accreditation status from the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. We have also received numerous awards and honors including: 100 Greatest Hospitals in America by Becker's Hospital Review for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); named as one of the top two hospitals in Colorado by U.S. News and World Report; recipient of the Healthgrades Distinguished Hospital Award-Clinical Excellence for 3 years in a row (2015-2017); one of Healthgrades America's 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement for 2 years in a row (2016-2017), and many others.
Caring for Your Whole Well Being
We're committed to delivering whole person care and understand that a comprehensive benefits package enriches the lives of our associates at work and at home. At Centura Health, we offer incredible benefits that impact mind, body, and spirit to eligible associates. Our total rewards are designed with your well-being in mind and may include:
- 401K, which includes matching when eligible
- Three Health Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Two Dental Insurance Plan Options including covering eligible dependents
- Vision Insurance including covering eligible dependents
- Daycare & Medical Flexible Spending Account Options
- Leaves of Absence, Short Term Disability, and Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance and Spouse & Child/Dependent Life Insurance Coverage Options
- Voluntary Benefits including Hospital Indemnity Coverage, Critical Illness, Accident, Permanent Life insurance, and Norton LifeLock
- Paid Time Off & Sick Pay
- Shift Differentials
- Employee Wellness Resources
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Relocation assistance based on location
- Associate Discounts for Phone, Cell Phone Plans, Auto Insurance, Home Insurance, Auto Buying, Pet Insurance, and much more...
The pay rate for this position is listed above and varies based on experience, skills, and comparison to others who are already in this role. *If you do not see the pay range for this position listed, you are on a third-party job board. All our pay ranges are posted on our careers site www.centura.org/careers. Please visit our careers' page and apply today!