IS Support Analyst II - Nortel/Cisco Telephony
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Philadelphia, PA 19146
Full Job Description
Location: LOC_MAIN-Main Hospital
Req ID: 112413
Employment Status: Regular - Full Time
- The selected candidate will support Nortel and/or Cisco telephone products.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of both Tier 1 and Tier 2 service level support as relates to addressing Hardware (PC or End-User Devices & peripheral equipment), and application software, and operating system issues.
- Provides technical guidance, advice and informal training for customers using CHOP IS hardware and software.
- Demonstrates knowledge of support databases and call tracking systems to enhance problem resolution.
- Troubleshoots problems and restores systems using root cause analysis and other advance tools and techniques.
- Develops checklists, guides, and documentation to assist in future support issues.
- Maintains and increases knowledge of all CHOP IS application, hardware, mobile devices and multiple operating system platforms.
- Works in a team setting, sharing information and training Support Analyst I associates
- Exhibits the ability to aid Level I Support Analysts in solving support issues.
The responsibilities of a Support Analyst II encompass identical responsibilities as a Support Analyst I, but with a greater degree of complexity. A Support Analyst II also:
- Assists in the development and implementation of Service Desk standards, processes and systems required to deliver consistent high quality customer service.
- Maintains and report on individual and team metrics via tools such as Magic TTS and maintains Service Desk database.
- Manages current queues and defines new queues to insure proper categorization and assignment of issues.
- Researches and develops testing solutions to complicated issues, documenting the resolutions then presenting and training coworkers and clients.
Required Education and Experience
Required Education: High School degree / GED
Required Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience providing EUD support, Service Desk support or equivalent experience/knowledge
Preferred Education, Experience & Cert/Lic
Preferred Education: Some college; Technical School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred Licenses/certificates/registrations: ACSP, MCP, MCSA, ITIL Foundations, CCNA, Lexmark & Lenovo Self Maintainer, A+ Certification
Additional Technical Requirements
- Able to perform effectively in a team environment as well as with little direct supervision
- Customer service oriented team player with first-rate communication, documentation, organizational, problem solving, written and verbal skills.
- Ability to understand, analyze and resolve problems, while on the phone or on-site with user.
- Must have working knowledge of many various pieces of equipment and software including printers, terminals, PCs, networking and telecommunication hardware, etc. Knowledge and understanding of issues inherent to Microsoft software including, but not limited to security, deployment, imaging, auditing, licensing and compliance; deployment and upgrading; features and functionality.
- Organized with the ability to follow established processes and provide recommendations for improvements.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems by investigating and implementing predefined potential solutions using troubleshooting skills
- Working knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite.
- Medical terminology helpful and previous medical EUD or Service Desk level 2 support background preferred.
Information Security Requirements:
- Understand and comply with all enterprise and IS departmental information security policies, procedures and standards.
- Support the integration of information security in the development, design, and implementation of Hospital Technology Resources that process, transmit, or store CHOP information.
- Support all compliance activities related to state, federal regulatory requirements, healthcare accreditation standards, and all other applicable regulations that govern the use and disclosure of patient, financial, or other confidential information.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for its patients, family members, visitors and employees. In an effort to achieve this goal, employment at Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, other than for positions with regularly scheduled hours in New Jersey, is contingent upon an attestation that the job applicant does not use tobacco products.
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, disability or protected veteran status.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor/Seeking priority referrals for protected veterans. Please contact our hiring official with any referrals or questions.
CHOP Careers Contact
2716 South Street, 6th Floor
Philadelphia, PA 19146