Baker - WILL TRAIN - All you need is passion for baking and serving seniors
Full Job Description
Auburn Homes and Services is a not-for-profit senior services organization with Long-Term Care, Transitional Care, Assisted Living, Memory Care, and Hud Subsidized Independent Living Facilities located in Chaska and Waconia Minnesota. In the spirit of Christ's love, we serve others with integrity and compassion.
Do you have a passion for baking and want a rewarding career in the culinary field where there is a friendly and family atmosphere? Do you want satisfaction in your work knowing each day you are able to make a difference enriching the lives of our senior residents, all while pursuing your passion?
If so, Auburn Homes and Services has a position awaiting you. We have a Full-time Baker position available at our Waconia campus in our Assisted Living facility, Auburn Meadows. This position has a $2,500 Sign-On Bonus!
If you are local or want a position that is close to home, our Waconia campus is located just west of the twin cities metropolitan area.
Auburn Meadows Waconia Campus
591 Cherry Drive
Waconia, MN 55387
We are looking for a Baker who will prepare food in accordance with current applicable federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, with our established policies and procedures, and as may be directed by the Culinary Manager, to assure that quality food service is provided at all times. You will support and assist the Nutrition and Culinary Services Manager with the overall operation of the Culinary Department and assume day-to-day responsibilities in the absence of the Culinary Manger to assure continuity for staff and residents. Specific tasks include;
- Operating the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment
- Preparing ingredients and handling backing and other kitchen equipment
- Creating pastries, backed goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Collaborate with chefs on new recipes for seasonal menus
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation
- Collaborate with chefs to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special occasions
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients
- Review menus prior to preparation of food
- Inspect special diet trays to assure that the correct diet is served to the resident
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc., and submit to the Culinary Manager
- Coordinate food service with other departments as necessary
- Ensure that all food procedures are followed in accordance with established policies and the MN Food code
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Mentor and coach staff members, when needed
- Assist chefs with onboarding and training new staff in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Ensure that menus are maintained and filed in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Assist in establishing food service production line, etc., to assure that meals are prepared on time
- Process diet changes and new diets as received from Nursing Services
- Agree not to disclose assigned user ID code and password for accessing resident/facility information and promptly report any known or suspected unauthorized access, use, or disclosure of such information to the Administrator
- Others as deemed necessary and appropriate, or as may be directed
Being part of the Auburn Homes & Services community, we realize that you as our staff member are our most important resource and therefore offer a variety of amenities including, but not limited to:
- Great benefits package
Fun and home-like atmosphere
Professional growth and promotions within the company
Fulfillment of role
And above all else… having fun and enjoying our wonderful residents!
Answer the call and we welcome you to the Auburn Homes & Services family!
Come work with us!
- Must possess a high school or equivalent education.
- Have a passion for baking and serving seniors!
- Must be willing to be or currently be Food Serve Safe certified.
- Demonstrated compatibility with AH&S's mission and operating philosophies.
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, speak and understand the English language to communicate with all customers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Auburn Homes & Services is an EEO/AAP employer.