Retail Store Planner
Full Job Description
Join the thousands of innovators, advocates and forces who are making an impact every day at one of the biggest footwear brands in the world. Whether you love to connect with consumers on the retail floor or want to drive our award-winning powerhouse in new directions, the SKECHERS team is the place to be. Learn more about our brand at skx.com.
The Store Planner is responsible for the management of execution of allocations to support merchandise assortments for multiple channels and stores. The Store Planner manages in-store inventory for maximum sales results. Based on capacity, they are responsible for a balanced inventory assortment across all gender categories. This position requires strong leadership and management abilities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESULTS
- Work with the Buying & Merchandising Planning team to develop and manage allocation strategies for product by channel and location on weekly basis.
- Manage styles from initial allocation through end of life cycle, including replenishment and consolidation of goods to other stores or channels.
- Maintain the appropriate mix by department/class, style, color and size in each store in order to achieve target covers and planned sales.
- Analyze and react to individual store trends and the performance of store groupings to improve productivity of merchandise through initial allocations and replenishment.
- Size analysis to optimize buys & allocations.
- Review Store Targets on a quarterly basis, provide sales information and recommend changes.
- Work with ecommerce team to efficiently manage inventory between the store and ecommerce.
- Review store pre-allocation at gender, brand and category level; partner with Merchandise Planner and Divisional Merchandise Manager (DMM) to balance receipts to store sales and sku plans within +/-5%
- Analyze and interpret weekly and monthly business data to identify sales and inventory needs.
- Strong aptitude with numbers and clear understanding of retail math skills.
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritize, and adapt to fast-paced, dynamic business environment to meet deadlines.
- Superior communication skills; able to communicate persuasively, influentially and responsibly across a broad spectrum of stakeholders.
- Excel in team-environments and in building and developing strong interpersonal relationships, while maintaining an individual determination to accomplish goals.
- Computer proficiency with advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Must be detailed oriented and able to multitask in a fast paced environment.
- Must be computer proficient with knowledge of Excel, Power Point and other advanced retail systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The skills, abilities and physical demands described are representative of those duties that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities, who are otherwise qualified for the job position, to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, stoop, and kneel. The employee is occasionally required to sit for long period of times.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.