Title: Maintenance A
Normal Work Location: Dependent Upon Assignment
Normal Working Hours: Dependent Upon Assignment / Monday – Friday / As Needed
Immediate Coach: Manufacturing Operations Manager
The position is responsible for performing preventive maintenance to machinery and/or equipment as scheduled and ensuring that all proper steps are taken to keep building and machinery records, data, and information. Also, necessary building maintenance repairs and transferring machinery.
The position supports a lean and a safe manufacturing environment while focusing on continuous improvement, quality, and support of teamwork throughout KSPT.
Essential Job Functions
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Perform scheduled PM on production equipment during machine service.
- Lubricate machinery (pneumatic, hydraulic and lubrications systems), change parts, belts or perform other routine preventative maintenance and minor adjustments.
- Test safety devices, wear on parts and other attributes as noted on the schedule.
- Perform routine inspection, preventive maintenance, and minor repair work on assigned equipment and refer defects or needed repairs to appropriate personnel, clean equipment.
- Inspect slides and linear systems, diagnose damage or excessive wear to axis movement ball screws and grinding wheel spindles. Provide inspection report to the appropriate department.
- Schedule repairs, schedule all maintenance routings, complete all required documentation, monitor, and file work request, requisition needed items for buildings and machinery, and fulfill any other needs per coach.
- Assist associates in various departments, including machine technologies and outside vendors.
- Perform minor plumbing repairs, carpentry, pipe fitting, welding as required.
- Perform minor electrical repairs and replace lighting system components.
- Perform highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes.
- Respond to maintenance requests as applicable to the position’s responsibilities.
- Operate powered industrial truck, Company vehicles, hand dolly and various powered and hand tools
- Maintain and process dust from all facilities dust collectors and maintain necessary records.
- Pick up and process solid scrap carbide from manufacturing facilities.
- Pick up carbide swarf from manufacturing facilities, process for shipping and maintain records.
Marginal / Less Essential Job Functions
- Aid in requisition of machine and building items as needed.
- Accurately collect data, in-process inspection logs, and all relevant documentation requirements.
- Knowledge of KSPT Quality Policy, work procedures and work instructions.
- Assist in training new associates performing the maintenance and repair duties, as required, or assigned.
- Meet all training and educational requirements as specified by department, work cell and/or location
Note: This description reflects the principal functions of the position for the purpose of job evaluation. Associate must adhere to changes in job requirements.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
Other Qualifications Desired
Training & Experience
- Knowledge of basic machine operations and routine maintenance processes.
- Working knowledge of decimal and metric system.
- Ability to do basic math, use micrometer, precision scales and other required test equipment.
- Familiar with and follow safety, lockout-tag out, and OSHA/ANSI standards.
License Required: Must have and maintain a valid Ohio driver’s license and be accept by the company’s insurance carrier to drive company vehicles. Powered industrial truck operator license.
Visual Acuity: Ability to meet the minimum essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Hearing Ability: Ability to meet the minimum essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation.
Working Conditions: Well lit, climate-controlled manufacturing environment with moderate-loud noise levels. Position subject to various hazards requiring personal protective equipment including safety glasses and hearing protection. Position subject to heavy lifting, maneuvering, carrying material, pushing, pulling, reaching and bending. This position requires ability to climb ladders, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl to access various areas. Constant use of upper extremities with frequent gripping motions and wrist deviations. Occasional reaching above shoulder height, below the waist or lifting as required. Position requires continuous standing and walking. Skin exposure to oils and cutting/grinding fluids with minimal exposure to fumes, dusts, mists.
- Associate is required to follow other job-related duties, subject to all Local, State, and federal laws and applicable regulations.
- The incumbent must successfully perform all requirements of the position training plan.
When overtime is scheduled, it is mandatory.
Wage Range: See Coach
Shift Differential: Dependent Upon Assignment