Acquisition Editor Health and Health Sciences
Full Job Description
Goodheart-Willcox Publisher is seeking an experienced Acquisitions Editor for our Health and Health Sciences area. The Acquisitions Editor works closely with the appropriate stakeholders to identify, qualify, and acquire the best and brightest authors. The ideal candidate will be responsible for establishing competitive market and product strategy, and make an immediate impact developing new and revised print and digital solutions that compete effectively in the market.
What you?ll do:
- Identify qualified authors and recruit them to write for Goodheart-Willcox.
- Conduct market research to understand the competitive environment, the needs of targeted instructors and learners, and identify new publishing opportunities.
- Develop product plans (rationale statements, TOCs, product differentiation / competitive advantage) in conjunction with authors and G-W Publishing team and help develop the vision for the product.
- Work with editorial team on product development once a product has been signed.
- Develop and reinforce manuscript schedule and deadlines.
- Provide guidance and direction to authors and reviewers.
- Identify reviewers for G-W products and work as a liaison with the reviewers and editorial teams.
- Actively participate in, and improve publishing team productivity and overall performance.
- Work with the marketing team to develop marketing plans for new and revised products.
- Make sales presentations and assist in sales team training and customer support as needed.
- Develop partnerships with credentialing organizations.
What you’ll bring:
- Minimum of 5-7 years in the publishing industry in editorial, sales, or marketing required.
- Two or more years experience in health sciences acquisitions.
- Experience in the publishing industry required.
- Market knowledge for product disciplines preferred.
- Proven track record of success developing new and revised products.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Advanced degree is a plus.