Language Recording Coordinator - The Americas Area
Full Job Description
The Language Recording Coordinator supports the mission of Faith Comes By Hearing (FCBH) in achieving the goals of Vision 2033 by working closely with field partners, Americas Area Director and internal FCBH departments to facilitate Scripture recording using the various tools and strategies available. This is an independent contract position that will reside in the Americas area.
- Coordinate and monitor language recording activities and partnerships, whether Field, Virtual or Joint, within assigned region. Coordinate and interact with recording teams (via email, phone, Skype, social media) to ensure their needs are met for completing their assigned recording tasks.
- Supervise recording team personnel/VR Project Coordinators as appropriate; monitor productivity and evaluate quality of performance according to MOU requirements; take corrective action when needed, with appropriate consultation with Recording Operations Manager.
- Collaborate regularly and effectively with Americas Area Director and Regional FCBH staff, FCBH internal departments, recording partners/teams and field partners within assigned region(s) for determining, prioritizing, scheduling and executing recording projects.
- Demonstrate wisdom and discernment in communicating with partners, especially cross-culturally, concerning a variety of operational matters including financial compensation, performance, negotiating timeframes, handling expectations, etc. Invest time and effort to ensure healthy relationships are nurtured and maintained, both internally and externally.
- Review, negotiate and approve budgets for recording projects according to departmental norms.
- Recommend and implement solutions to resolve procedural and/or human relations issues between recording team members, with partners and within the community being served.
- Through regular communications, work alongside translation partners and communities to craft recording projects according to the felt needs of partners. Understand and describe various tools and approaches for accomplishing recording projects.
- In consultation with FCBH Recording Operations Manager, listen to, evaluate and respond to field needs and propose mutually beneficial solutions to accomplish the mission.
- As needed identify, qualify and facilitate relationships with new recording teams/partners.
- Travel regularly throughout region to fulfill assigned responsibilities.
- Assist Recording Operations Manager in crafting/revising partner MOUs.
- Recommend and/or arrange for technical training of recording teams and field partners as needed and appropriate.
- Contribute toward the establishment of operational guidelines. Actively monitor and evaluate recording activities to ensure adherence to established norms and guidelines.
- Arrange for technical and/or troubleshooting assistance to recording teams/partners and internal department as needed, occasionally outside normal office hours and outside of assigned region. This includes technical issues with software, equipment and recording operations.
- Obtain, produce and provide relevant field reports for FCBH Communication Department and Donor Development. This may include presenting in front of a live audience, both internal and external.
- Maintain awareness of opportunities where Oral Bible translation (OBT) may serve partners and communities in need of non-print Scripture; initiate referrals to Area Director and FCBH OBT staff accordingly.
- Missions-minded with a heart for reaching all people with the Word of God
- One to three years of project management/coordination experience; ability to multi-task.
- One to three years of ministry experience within the country/region of responsibility
- General knowledge of Bible translation principles and processes
- Bachelor’s degree in pertinent field or relevant equivalent life experience (e.g. linguistics, missions, international studies, etc.)
- PC proficiency in all MS Office applications; audio/media production experience a plus
- Ability to use various social media tools like Facebook, WhatsApp, Signal etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated good judgment, problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to understand, speak, read and write English at a competent and understandable level.
- Ability to travel freely throughout the assigned region.
- Conversant in language(s) of wider communication relevant to the Americas Area
- Technical skills, able to learn recording systems/software
- Experience in Christian leadership/pastoral counseling
- Ability to qualify for a U.S. Visa for occasional travel to FCBH headquarters in New Mexico