Associate, Customer Care
Full Job Description
Who We Are
Clean Power Alliance (CPA) is Southern California?s locally operated non-profit default electricity provider for 32 communities within Los Angeles and Ventura counties and the 5th largest electricity company in the State of California. We provide clean renewable energy at competitive rates to over three million residents and businesses through approximately one million customer accounts.
What You?ll Do
CPA is seeking an experienced, detail-oriented, and enthused professional to join our growing team as the Associate, Customer Care. The Associate, Customer Care will liaise between customers, our billing manager/call center operator, and internal teams to improve the customer experience by handling complex inquires and improving systems to anticipate potential customer billing issues and triage before they become systematic. Our ideal candidate would be comfortable moving from internal analysis to external customer interaction on a daily basis.
Who You?ll Work With
The Associate, Customer Care reports directly to the Vice President, Technology, Data, and People and will work closely with CPA customers, our billing manager/call center operator, and our business partner Southern California Edison (SCE).
Commitment to Diversity
At CPA, we value diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We represent a diverse customer base and intend to hire employees that reflect our communities. Clean Power Alliance provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
CPA fosters a culture of open communication, responsibility, and intellectual curiosity. As a small team that has quickly built the largest Community Choice Aggregation program in the country, high levels of trust, collaboration, and mission alignment are key factors in our success. We value fact-based creativity in our work, accountability with our stakeholders, and promote ethical engagement and diversity with our brand.
Successful Candidates Must Demonstrate the Following Abilities:
- Enjoy engaging with passionate internal and external stakeholders.
- Be a strong communicator who can write compellingly and clearly.
- Have a high tolerance for uncertainty but know how to bring things to resolution.
- Have a strong work ethic and be comfortable taking initiative/working in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Work well on diverse teams and with consultants.
- Be able to interpret and explain policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Translate complex technical information into non-technical messages for customers.
- Be able to organize and carry out projects with minimal instruction, compose correspondence independently based on policy and guidelines and maintain complex records.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Respond to customer inquiries and resolve issues effectively and efficiently through coordination with related parties.
- Review and notate information about customer accounts and detail customer interactions in CPA’s CRM.
- Serve as a contact for escalation of customer service issues with CPA’s billing manager/call center operator and Southern California Edison (SCE).
- Assist customers with bill inquiries and provide detailed review/explanation of electricity bills and charges.
- Participate on regular calls and weekly meetings with key contacts to discuss high-level issues, strategic planning, and service feedback.
- Assist with managing the planning, development, and implementation activities required to enable CPA to conduct business within the SCE territory and assist existing customers.
- Identifies and manages resolution of major or complex customer account issues. (Issues typically do not have an established precedence for resolution.)
- Respond to and resolve customer complaints submitted to the California Public Utilities Commission and the Better Business Bureau.
- Maintain routine internal contact with direct supervisor to provide updates on customers and receive new information about CPA offerings and services.
- Collect, review, and analyze data regarding CPA and SCE customer information.
- Maintain up-to-date CRM records including customer profiles and account management activity.
- Maintain frequent contact and arrange strategic discussions with data manager and SCE to resolve customer care issues.
- Maintain and update call center scripts and talking points.
- Coordinate with Data and Systems team to obtain, manage, and analyze customer data.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field and a minimum of 3 years of customer service. experience. (Additional customer service experience can substitute for the education requirements.)
- Experience in utility program/project implementation, knowledge of solar industry, community solar, and/or programs funded by the CPUC.
- Knowledge and understanding of the CCA business model preferred.
- Start-up experience is highly desired.
- Must be able to sit at a desk and work on a computer for prolonged periods.
- Currently, this position is temporarily remote; however, when the office reopens in September, this position is expected to report to our downtown Los Angeles office 2- 3 days per week. (The actual days of the week to be worked in the office will be determined by CPA, not by the candidate.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, scheduling, time management skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro software.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures and practices including preparing correspondence, filing, and operating modern office equipment; correct English usage, grammar, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics CRM preferred.
Salary and Benefits
The salary range for this position is $75,540-$101,140, with exact compensation to be determined by Clean Power Alliance, dependent on experience. Benefits include health care, a 401(k)-like match program, paid vacation, and sick leave. This is not a civil service position; however, all CPA employees are required to submit a Statement of Economic Interests form, also known as the Form 700.