Customer Support and Tech Specialist
Full Job Description
Administrative Assistant: This is a full-time position that supports the Office of Innovation in administration, customer service, class management, data management and reporting for Whizin classes/events. This individual must be well-versed in working with the public, is responsible for handling student/patron questions, comments, complaints and fielding more complex issues to the appropriate AJU employee to resolve. The ultimate goal is to provide a positive customer experience and enhance relationships between patrons/students and AJU.
Technical Support: Oversees basic technical support for students that need help with online Zoom classes and events. This position will also include being the lead Technician on all Virtual Zoom classes/events and live in-person classes/events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Director of Operations- in operationalizing programs.
- Collect enrollment data for each of the programs from each of the possible registration points.
- Organize platforms, resources, and materials for workplace optimization.
- Help conference/tech coordinator manage our asset library of OOI images, photos and video.
- Utilize basic graphic design, Canva, and/or photoshop.
- Answer OOI Office main phone line and help students with registration and Whizin questions. This includes maintaining a vast knowledge of the classes and events being offered.
- Support Chief Curator in administration for the arts program, including, but not limited to handling the day-to-day of arts classes and arts programming
- Provide customer service in a timely manner via several means of communication which may include email, telephone and face-to-face interaction.
- Promptly send class Zoom links to students/patrons that request them.
- Acts as a liaison between patrons and management in order to enhance the overall patron experience.
- Analyze complaints from customers and provides adequate resolutions.
- Communicate customer feedback to various teams—including Maven management, technical and marketing departments—in order to improve the overall customer experience.
- Track proposed resolutions and follows up with customers in a timely fashion.
- Prepare documents and reports for future reference.
Technical Operations Specialist:
- Manage all aspects of Zoom production of webinars including:
Production, troubleshooting, behind the scenes hosting, pre/during/post production meetings.
- General support of production department which will include heavy lifting, audio/visual, trouble shooting, basic knowledge of audio, lighting, computer, video.
- Support major internal/external events under Production Manager.
- Onsite support of pre/post classes/events and internal meetings setup and support.
- Provide Zoom based technical support for all classes/events, including customer platform access. This will also include internal AJU Team meetings.
- Evaluate available technologies on an ongoing basis
- Bachelors degree or equivalent preferred
- Strong Technical and computer skills
- Experience working in an office or educational environment, answering phones and fulfilling requests
- Good organizational and administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Takes direction well, responsive and diligent
- Autonomous and self-sufficient with a proven ability to stay on task and on deadline
- Proven ability to multi-task and handle multiple projects
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, scheduling
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Zoom and ability to quickly learn new technology
- Extremely knowledgeable and resourceful; must exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Customer-oriented mindset
Who We Are:
American Jewish University (AJU) is a thriving center of Jewish resources and talent that serves the Jewish community of the twenty-first century. A portal for Jewish belonging, AJU equips students, faculty, campers, and learners of all ages with the tools to create the ideas, build the structures, and develop the programs to advance Jewish wisdom and elevate Jewish living.