Full Job Description
RPX Corporation is the leading provider of a comprehensive suite of solutions to help companies manage the risks and costs that arise at any stage of their IP program. To learn more about RPX Services, please visit us at www.RPXcorp.com.
By combining world-class transaction expertise with proprietary data and advanced analytics RPX obtains patent rights that avoid or resolve patent-related disputes shared among our diverse global membership, and provides unique insights that inform our members’ strategic and tactical executive decisions.
What you can expect as a Data Analyst:
As a Data Analyst, you will be solving intriguing problems to help global technology companies, as well as the opportunity to interact with industry leading professionals. You will analyze and visualize data, uncovering legal and business trends in response to questions from RPX clients, internal groups, the press, and academics. The focus of this role is synthesizing data, extracting high level insights, and building persuasive reports and presentations. Additionally, you will:
- Answer complex legal questions with data analysis and visualization
- Generate and test hypotheses to identify legal and business trends in IP markets
- Conduct long-term research projects on IP risk in new technology areas
- Develop an understanding of the data in RPX’s proprietary databases
- Prepare presentation materials for communication to stakeholders
- Be able to work self-directed under limited supervision
- Have the ability to learn new information and technologies at a rapid pace
Do you have the experience to join our team?
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience required
- 1+ years in data analysis
- 1+ years developing business reports and/or presentations
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong quantitative analysis skills with an aptitude towards discovering insights, trends, and patterns with large datasets
- Natural curiosity and a quick, eager learner
- Creative problem solver
- Excellent oral and written communications and presentation skills
- Experience with data visualization
- Experience with a SQL-style query language
Interested in Learning More About Us?
At RPX, we value diversity. Our strength lies in our differences. We embrace people with unique life experiences and perspectives to foster an environment of opportunity. We commit ourselves to creating an inclusive platform to enable everyone to thrive by being their authentic selves every day. Our creative potential and success as a company depends on it. For this reason, supporting and encouraging each other is key to our growth as individuals and collectively. By accepting difference as strength, we can create greater inclusion and uplift each other to create a better and more equal world together.
At RPX, you can expect to receive highly competitive and rich benefits including group health coverage, company HSA contribution, 401(k) matching, medical disability and family leave benefits, fitness reimbursement, community service days, charitable donation matching, and more!
RPX is an equal opportunity employer.
We will make reasonable accommodations to enable any qualified individual with a disability to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform the essential functions of the relevant position, and to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as those enjoyed by similarly-situated employees without disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, please notify RPX HR.