Provide expertise for IT infrastructure (e.g. servers, network), application infrastructure (e.g. SAP), and related services (e.g. Business Continuity) throughout the lifecycle of a deal in accordance with contractually established terms and conditions and established technical standards. Provides technical input, solutions, and recommendations to deal pursuit. Engaged in and provides support for transition/transformation efforts. Monitors service delivery compliance to budget, quality standards, and customers and/or internal businesses/end user requirements. Provides IT infrastructure and/or application infrastructure lifecycle technical support, including planning, project management, installation, on-going management/monitoring/troubleshooting, and de-installation, following operational policies and processes that are compliant with industry standards (e.g. Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)). Manages the technical/service relationship between the company and the customer, and between the company and subcontractors/vendors. Works with the key customers and/or internal businesses/end user representatives (Infrastructure Support Managers, Client Manager and the Account Delivery Manager) to retain customers and build the business. ITO Service Delivery work is generally performed remotely from the company facility, but may be performed at the customer’s location when required/justified.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge to operate one or more technology areas (e.g. server administration, technical security management, performance management) or customer groups that are critical or high-risk.
- Integrates technical knowledge and business understanding to create superior solutions for the company and for customers.
- Resolve single- and cross- technology incidents independently.
- Work with team members to resolve unusually complex or cross- technology incidents.
- identify, manage, and lead escalations through L3.
- Work with others to help manage escalations through L5.
- Proactively and reactively look for solutions to prevent problems from occurring in team/technology area.
- Change Management/Implementation: Independently review, implement, and verify changes/solutions of high complexity and risk to meet customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs.
- May lead or participate in a Change Advisory Board.
Patch and Security Management:
- Apply patch and security changes per policy.
- Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance.
- Analyze patches for compatibility with each customer or internal infrastructure environment.
- Configuration Management: Ensure Configuration Management Database (CMDB) entries are complete and accurate.
- Solution Design: Applies the company solutions to meet highly complex customer and/or trade/IT infrastructure needs.
- May provide feedback/influence change in internal and/or vendor-provided products/service offerings.
- Participate, propose, and/or lead customer and internal projects across technology customers and/or internal businesses/end users areas, including transformation.
Customer Relationship Management:
- Influence with customers and/or internal businesses/end users regarding operational details, solutions, and proposals.
- Becoming a trusted advisor to the customer.
- Work as part of a team, which may be virtual, global, and/or multi-functional.
- Lead teams which address operational processes and policies in work area.
- Seen as a resource to the team in one or more technical or business areas.
- Becoming a trusted advisor inside and outside the team/technology area.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field or equivalent work experience.
- May have Master's degree in related field.
- Often holds entry-level certification(s) in work field.
- May hold intermediate-level certification(s) in work field.
- Typically 5+ years of relevant experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
Typical skills include:
- (strong) understanding of technology in direct responsibility (developing) understanding of other technology sub-areas.
- General understanding of related technologies.
- (strong) Customer Service.
- General Project Management.
- (developing) Influencing Others.
- (developing) Customer/Vendor Management.
- (developing) Business Analysis.
- (developing) General Financial Management.