People join Leidos Australia for many different reasons. The interesting projects. Supportive and open-minded colleagues. The opportunities to develop. What unites us is the fact that everything we do benefits and safeguards Australia in some way. We’re proud of our Mission to make the world safer, healthier and more efficient, and every Leidos team member has a valued role to play – to Be the difference.
Your New Role
Our Business Development team have an opportunity for an Administrative Assistant to assist with the efficient delivery of high quality compliant proposal documents and help in the day-to-day running of our Proposal Development Centre (PDC). This includes assisting proposal teams with the development of proposals in accordance with Request for Tender (RFT) conditions. Your role is to ensure that your proposal team has everything they need to submit the best proposal possible and win Leidos Australia new business.
A “Day in the Life” will see you;
Support the Proposal Manager and Capture Manager during the proposal cycle to coordinate, maintain and track the authored tender documents generated by the Proposal Team during the proposal process and through the various reviews up to and including timely delivery of the final proposal.
- Be the point of contact between proposal management, authors, graphics team and the technical, commercial, financial and project management teams.
- Provide coordination and guidance to the proposal team throughout the proposal cycle including all reviews and final production. Provide progress updates and explain any issues to the Proposal Team at briefings.
- Analyse the Conditions of Tender for formatting and production requirements and assist the Proposal Manager in ensuring the proposal is compliant and ready for submission.
- Create templates for proposal documents and provide training to authors on how to edit the templates and assist authors with document editing and version control.
- Administration of the SharePoint Collaborative Capture Environment and manage user access and permissions.
- Create contact lists, libraries, folders and any other proposal related SharePoint requirements
- Coordinate PDC requirements to ensure that the team have stationery, access, technology, printing supplies/ anything they need to complete their role in the proposal including catering as required.
- Coordinate venues, meetings, catering and teleconferencing for internal reviews and workshops.
- Distribute documents including RFT and addenda.
- Other administrative tasks as directed by the Proposal Operations Manager and Head of Capture operations.
About You and What You'll Bring
If you have a ‘can-do’ and pro-active approach to organising documentation and enjoy developing positive relationships, this role will see you succeed.
You will also have:
- Demonstrated MS Word typing, editing and document formatting skills
- Demonstrated skills with other MS Office suite of products
- Ideally, experience in planning, facilitating and co-ordinating Proposal / Tender / Sales documentation and other office related activities including functions.
- Some professional experience in authoring and co-authoring documents.
- Proven experience working within a team under high tempo to deadlines.
This position will require the successful candidate to be Australian Citizen, as they will be required to obtain a security clearance.
What You'll Love
Over the last year, we have successfully adapted our approach to enable everyone - whether working remotely from home, an office or a customer site – to continue to be collaborative, productive and, above all, safe and healthy. We proudly embrace diversity and support our people at every stage of their Leidos journey in terms of inclusion, accessibility and flexibility.
At Leidos, you will be valued, included and supported. So if you are open-minded and keen to Be the difference, we look forward to welcoming you.