Female Frontline Leadership Development Program
Female Frontline Leadership Development Program – Rio Tinto Aluminium – Pacific Operations
- Aluminium or mining industry experience not necessary – this is the perfect role for people with the desire to learn and grow as a leader
- A permanent role where your safety, career development and success are our priority
- Residential role offering an attractive coastal lifestyle – Gladstone, Queensland | Domestic relocation offered
About the role
Have you considered a career change to a role where you’re encouraged to use your full potential and build on the skills you’ve already acquired? Where no two days are the same and where your development is truly valued? This may be the role for you.
We are looking for women who are interested in leading teams in the aluminium industry and who want to grow their skills to become future leaders in our business. No experience in the mining or aluminium industries is required—we are interested in your passion for leadership and your attributes. Leave the rest to us as we help you to learn about our industry, our operations and leading a team at Rio Tinto.
Based in Gladstone, Queensland, you will take part in a frontline leadership development program with other likeminded women, where you will fine tune your leadership skills and learn the technical aspects of our operations. The program will run for approximately 12–18 months, depending on your individual needs, and will be made up of a range of development activities including on-the-job coaching, mentoring and networking. Once you’ve completed the program, you will transition into a frontline leader role, leading a team in either production or maintenance at one of our refineries or smelter.
You’ll work in a supportive, inclusive environment. You’ll motivate your team to achieve their best, with safety at the forefront of everything you do. You’ll inspire passion, lead with compassion, and coach your team to achieve results for themselves and the business.
All progress begins with pioneers. At Rio Tinto, it begins with you.
This advertisement and the female frontline leadership development program is a Rio Tinto equal opportunity measure.
We’d love to hear from people who have:
- a commitment to your own safety and to those around you
- a desire to lead with a visible leadership style of guiding, mentoring, developing and empowering team members
- a passion for learning, developing and personal growth, and a drive to make a difference
- strong organisational, stakeholder engagement and negotiation skills
- good problem solving and can think creatively
- an unwavering commitment to improve and maintain health and safety standards.
These roles are for applicants residing in, or willing to permanently relocate, to Gladstone.
What we offer
With us, you’ll have:
- a work environment where safety is always the number one priority
- a permanent position working directly for Rio Tinto
- recognition for your contribution, your thinking and your hard work
- career development and education assistance to further your leadership ambitions or technical knowledge
- a competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience with an annual incentive program
- comprehensive medical benefits including subsidised private health insurance for employees and immediate family
- access to an attractive share ownership plan
- extensive salary sacrifice and salary packaging options
- ongoing access to family friendly health and medical wellbeing support
- leave for all of life’s reasons (vacation/annual, paid parental, sick leave)
- exclusive employee discounts (banking, accommodation, cars, retail and more).
Our traditional roster arrangements for frontline leaders vary across our operational teams and can include:
- 4 on/4 off
- 4/5/5 lifestyle roster
- 9-day fortnight
- Monday to Friday.
We also offer flexible work arrangements as we understand traditional options might not work for everyone, and we want to work together to find what works best for you.
Where you’ll be working
Rio Tinto owns or partially owns a number of sites in Gladstone, making us the largest employer and economic contributor in the region. This includes Boyne Smelters Limited (BSL), Queensland Alumina Limited (QAL) refinery and Yarwun alumina refinery, and together, we directly employ more than 2,600 people who call Gladstone home.
In our 50 years of operation in the region, we have worked hard to uphold our values—hiring and buying locally, taking care of the environment, making no compromises when it comes to safety and supporting others in the community who make Gladstone a great place to live and work through partnerships, sponsorships and donations.
Gladstone is a large and well-serviced town, with access to schooling, childcare, hospitals, sporting facilities, and libraries in the local community and surrounding region. Thanks to its stunning coastal location, the region also has plenty of natural beauty to offer including opportunities for boating, fishing, camping, and exploring.
Diversity and inclusion
At Rio Tinto, we want you to be you. We want everyone, everywhere, to feel their voice is heard and respected and we’re committed to fostering a culture where individual differences—whatever they may be—are appreciated and valued. It’s what makes us safer, more productive, improves our decision-making, and helps us to create better relationships with our communities.
At Rio Tinto, we particularly welcome and encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, the LGBTI+ community, mature workers, people with disabilities and people from different cultural backgrounds.
If you’ve made it to the end of this page, this could be the opportunity you’ve been looking for and we want to hear from you. So, what are you waiting for? Apply today!