Sr Assoc, Sys Administration
Job Title: Sr Assoc, Sys Administration
Job ID: CS20210809-68936
Job Location: UAE- Abu Dhabi
Provides training on all topics directly related to System Administration. Provides second or third line technical support and analysis to customers and users. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or configuration. Diagnoses, troubleshoots and debugs complex electro/mechanical equipment. Reports design, reliability and maintenance concerns to Chief Systems Engineer, recommends solutions to resolve reported problems.
Primarily Zayed Military City, near Shahama, Abu Dhabi, UAE. Some travel/work in remote locations, up to 45 x days per year.
- Bachelor’s Degree and a minimum of 2 years of prior related experience or 2 years post-Secondary/ Associates Degree and a minimum of 6 years of prior related experience. Graduate Degree or equivalent with 0 to 2 years of prior related experience.
- College degree(s) in Systems Engineering and computer engineering (or similar "technical" discipline).
- Experience with network devices, implementation, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Hands on experience in configuration, maintenance and troubleshooting Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, Group Policy, File server, DNS and DHCP.
- Experience in a Security Operations Center (SOC) environment with hands on experience with tools such as SIEM/SEM, Network Monitors (SolarWinds – ORION) etc.
- Experience with writing and producing technical and training material.
- Ability to climb on and move around in heavy vehicles.
- Ability to lift 20 kilos to a height of 1 meters.
- Ability to work outside for extended period of time.
- English fluency.
- Arabic fluency.
- Military experience.
- Instructor experience.
- Experience with Cyber tools such as NESSUS, NMAP, Anti-Virus Scanning applications, Kali Linux a plus.
- 3-4 years of Information Systems Engineering experience working on system administration architecture development, implementation, integration, test, and maintenance.
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks.
- Must have good experience in implement, support and troubleshoot virtualized environment based on VMware and HCI.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting hardware issue like RAM, processors, hard drive failures, updating the firmware and configuring IPMI for servers.
- Knowledge in troubleshooting hardware issue like RAM, processors, hard drive failures (RAID), updating the firmware and configuring IPMI for servers.
- Ability to instruct students.