Paralegal/Legal Executive (6m FTC) - CAD - Dubai
Department / team:
Transactional Services – Corporate
Paralegal/ Legal Executive (6 months FTC)
Overview of Role
Working as part of our Corporate team, which sits within our Transactional Services Practice Group, this role requires you to assist Partners and lawyers in their provision of legal advice and meeting the business needs of the client. You are expected to provide excellent service at all times, making positive contributions to building the business of the firm. You will be expected to demonstrate your organisational and interpersonal skills.
This is a varied job requiring a flexible attitude and the ability to engage at every level of the team so as to become integral to its business objectives and delivery. Successful candidates, based on their performance during the 6 months, will be invited to join the firm’s Middle East Junior Lawyer Talent Programme in September 2022 which runs for a 2 year period.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting on corporate transactions including M&A transactions, corporate restructuring, and joint ventures
- Conducting due diligence over UAE entities and assist in drafting sections of due diligence reports under the supervision of a more senior person in the team
- Drafting resolutions, powers of attorney and share transfer documents
- Drafting advice memos/emails in relation to corporate and commercial queries
- Managing and co-ordinating documentation on transactions
- Undertaking commercial contract reviews and providing mark-ups with explanatory notes (under the supervision of a more senior person in the team)
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Conducting legal research
- Assisting with queries in respect of on-going deals
- General administration tasks and assisting partners and lawyers with other ad-hoc duties
- Law graduate
- Previous corporate experience in UAE law firms is required. Experience in an international law firm in the UAE is a plus.
- Qualification in a recognised jurisdiction is a plus
- Strong working proficiency in English (both written and spoken). Arabic would be a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills with acute attention to detail
- Experience of managing competing demands, and working well under pressure
- Strong people skills and ability to project a credible and professional image to the client
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel)
Should you require further details, please contact our in-house Lateral Recruitment Advisor Manoj Singh who can discuss the role and requirements.